about my services
A professionally trained programmer, John Kieken has been building powerful websites since 1999. With a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering and decades of success, he’ll give you custom markup fully compliant with W3C standards.
Affordability for everyone from individuals and sole proprietors to small/medium size organizations. Contact me today and we’ll work together to find a solution that meets or beats your budget.
Website maintenance and programming front to back, from graphical interface to database implementation, utilizing only the best up-to-date coding practices for search engine optimization and cross-browser compatibility.
Utilizing the latest trends in website design combined with a “responsive” layout, which include dynamically adjusting to mobile devices and screen sizes.
some of my expertise...
- domain name & site hosting selection
- best practices for search engine optimization
- one-on-one training
- face-to-face meetings near Chicago
on the server
- Apache®/Linux hosting with cPanel
- MySQL® database
- PHP with CodeIgniter framework
in your browser
- HTML5 compliant
- CSS3 styles and transitions
- cross-browser reliability & consistency
dynamic & rich experience
- proficiency with Adobe Photoshop
- graphic design & logo creation
- seamless interaction via ajax
- “responsive”, mobile-friendly layout
works well with others
- PayPal integrated solutions
- Facebook & social media integration
- MailChimp® mailing lists
- reCAPTCHA™ anti-spambot
- RSS newsfeeds
manage your own content
- shopping carts & e-commerce
- discussion forums
- photo galleries